vine is really gonna get someone killed
The Animal of the Month for the the month of April is the Numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus)! Read below for GIVEAWAY details!
The Numbat is an endangered species of carnivorous marsupial that few know about outside of Australia. Therefore, it becomes that much more important to spread and share awareness. It’s numbers were reduced to just a few hundred in the 1980s, due to habitat clearing, change in fire regime laws, and reduction in population size from being preyed upon by the invasive red fox. It has recently begun a slight recovery, but with a population estimated below 1000 today, it still is in dire need of help.
There is a tremendous organization based in Australia that is working hard to conserve the numbat and its habitat. Their name is Project Numbat. Therefore, to aid them in their fight, giraffeinatree has chosen to sponsor them and their cause to fundraise for the organization. Learn more about the Numbat, Project Numbat, and the Animal of the Month project at http://giraffeinatree.tumblr.com/
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Share this post to spread the word of animal most have never even heard of. What a terrible thing for a species to go extinct without ever being recognized.
- Donate via paypal however much you can. At the end of the day, consider what else you would do with the money you donate; buy a coffee or two? Purchase some music or a video game? Then ask yourself “Can I live without [insert item] in order to donate to a charitable cause?” If you find the answer to that question is yes, then please donate. It helps SO much and I do a little happy dance every time I get an e-mail notification saying someone did so.
- Don’t do nothing. That’s all I ask.
For this month I’ve decided to do a little giveaway (nothing huge) to perhaps inspire people a tad more. First off, there’s a Numbat stuffed animal from Perth, Australia at stake here!
Additionally, I will be giving away the Narnia Two theme code.
Rules for entry:
- Hate when people do this, but you must be following giraffeinatree. You can also like giraffeinatree on Facebook; it would be nice but not at all necessary.
- Reblog this post.
- ONE in every FIFTY people will win the Narnia Two theme code, so the more notes this has, the more people that will win.
- ONE person out of all the reblogs will receive the grand prize, the silly-looking Numbat stuffed animal!
Should it be that you are not interested in the theme code or stuffed animal, and you still want to share and donate, feel free. You are not obligated to receive either!
If you don’t win, don’t worry because there will be more to come next month. Thank you all!
winnieau: I recently visited the loft of my most fashionable cousin richtong, co-founder of fohr card, and my favorite samoyed Penelope! Samoyeds were bred to keep people warm in cold climates. They’re incredibly snuggly….As it’s Friday, think about how happy you would be with a nice fluffy dog, and then maybe do what I did recently, and accidentally on purpose go adopt one! Have a good weekend :)
A Gremlin:) by alexilena
Vaseline is the best night time eye cream on the market.
You can buy alcohol and chips with your parents’ gas station credit cards.
If you force something, you’ll break it. That could be good or bad.
It’s important to read the care tags on your clothing and follow those instructions.
Related: don’t wash and dry j. crew wool sweaters.
Changing your car’s oil is not optional.
Whatever physical objects you acquire you will one day have to put into a box and move.
You’re allowed to disagree with negative feedback.
It’s always worth reading the instruction manual.
Nostalgia, like any drug, can be a poison or a remedy.
Pets are like human friends but better in every conceivable way.
Good doctors listen more than they talk.
You can’t fix a burned roux.
Just because someone is an authority figure does not mean they are intelligent/competent/right.
Measure twice, cut once.
Get your nice jeans and dress pants tailored by a professional.
If you’re uncomfortable wearing it you will not look good.
You’re not required to drink alcohol while in a bar.
There are a few things that cure all ills: the beach, your favorite album on vinyl, and fresh garlic.
Kindness is not weakness.
Baking soda is not baking powder.
Taking Excedrin P.M. while still in public is not advisable.
Terrible people will succeed. Wonderful people will fail. The world is not fair.
Appropriate footwear is always key.
You can absolutely be too forgiving.
Real humor punches up, not down.
Reading the assigned chapters will actually help you learn the material.
There are no adults. Everyone is as clueless as you are.
Applying eyeliner well is a timeless art.
You can always leave. Awkward dates, suffocating jobs, hometowns that you outgrow, relationships that aren’t growing in the right direction.
You can always come home again.
But it won’t be the same.
Life is too short for bad books, boring movies, shitty people, and margarine.
Never underestimate the importance of eyebrows.